Job ID: 70
Job Location: Commencement Bay Lumber - Tacoma, WA
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Salary/Hourly Rate: $27.26 +shift differential
Simpson Lumber Co. in Tacoma, WA has an immediate opening for a Journeyman Millwright. Qualified individuals will have a strong background in hydraulics, pneumatics and welding, preferably in a sawmill or manufacturing environment. Must have a proven record in troubleshooting and repair.
Simpson provides a complete employer paid Health & Welfare package (life, medical, dental, vision), 401(k) savings plan with employer match, vacation, and holidays.
Working at Simpson means you will be working at one of the most modern sawmills in the US with a progressive employer that has a strong safety culture and a drug free environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
Responsible for safely performing the following:
* Machine center troubleshooting, repair, assembly and preventative maintenance;
* Fabricate equipment and make modifications;
* Repair or replace chains; belt conveyors; gear boxes/drive chains;
* Hydraulics & pneumatics;
* Using power tools.
Candidates must be safety conscious, self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills, be experienced in working with other crafts, and have a desire to work in a market focused, team environment.
Qualifications – Required:
* Minimum 2 - 4 years experience as a journeyman millwright in a manufacturing operation.
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
* Welding, fabrication, general machine assembly and machine alignment experience.
* Must have experience in hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
* Ability to read and interpret drawings and blueprints.
* Must be able to handle multiple projects effectively.
* Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
* Must demonstrate willingness and ability to learn new jobs & skills.
* Must have excellent listening & communications skills
* Ability to demonstrate open, honest and regular exchange of information and treat all employees with respect and dignity
* Must be team oriented; puts team's needs ahead of individual interests and works to develop trust and respect.
* Takes initiative to identify and solve issues and accepts personal accountability for team's plans and results.
* Successful candidates must be willing to work any shift.
* Must have the willingness and ability to work at heights as well as climbing stairs
* Lift up to 50 pounds
* Must possess ability to work in an environment containing wood dust and extreme heat or cold.
Applicants must pass an interview process, literacy test (reading & math), criminal background, reference check, aerobic capacity treadmill and a chemical test.
Qualifications – Preferred:
Travel Required? No
Shift Hours: Shift work req'd - may include Sat or Sun
This job has been closed.