Job ID: 230
Job Location: Tacoma Kraft - Tacoma, WA
Reports To: Customer Service Manager
Salary/Hourly Rate: TBD
The primary purpose of this position is to schedule customer orders for production on paper machines located at the Tacoma, WA paper mill. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, producing and publishing daily mill schedule(s), preparing/processing/setting up customer orders for production, working with customer service representatives to reschedule orders to meet changing customer needs, checking for late orders, attending various production, sales, and mill meetings, creating and modifying new grade specifications in the order fulfillment computer system, checking for over/under manufactured orders, tracking incoming orders on department posting log, creating paper machine planning/outlook schedules, reconciling posted orders with planning/outlook schedule, facilitating pulp system operations, and communicating with operations staff regarding current and future production status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
The secondary function of this position is to perform duties in a backup role when teammates are out of the office. Backup responsibilities include, but are not limited to, Customer Service Representative who serves as a primary point of customer contact in the order fulfillment process. Responsible for the entry, confirmation, scheduling, modification, expediting, manufacturing, and shipment of customer orders. Plan and manage customer inventory. Provides prompt and accurate responses to inquiries from, but not limited to, customers, agents, other sales staff, mill personnel, and transportation representatives.
1. Demonstrate flexibility and cooperation in an environment of constantly changing priorities.
2. Frequently and effectively communicate with co-workers, management, and other mill departments to facilitate high levels of customer service, and efficient and effective problem solving.
3. Excel at multitasking in a fast paced environment, successfully balancing multiple priorities and deadlines.
4. Demonstrate high levels of accuracy in all work efforts, and organize work and documents for easy and efficient archival and information retrieval.
5. Proactively and assertively perform and execute assigned responsibilities, follow tasks through to total completion, constantly strive to meet all goals and deadlines ahead of schedule, and offer assistance to co-workers.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including careful listening and asking questions necessary to clarify situations.
7. Actively participate as part of the team in “continuous improvement” activities. Contribute, develop, and implement ideas and changes that improve department functions and service.
8. Professionally represent the company via phone, in person, and in writing, to co-workers, customers, vendors, brokers, and other stakeholders.
9. Work on an on-call basis, potentially coming into the office during typical off hours.
10. Work overtime, and on weekends and/or holidays as needed, as specified by the customer service manager or sales manager.
11. Develop and apply high levels of skill and proficiency with various computer systems, including (but not limited to) common personal computer applications (e.g. Excel, Access, Word, Outlook) and network based order fulfillment systems.
12. Think of and communicate new methods of achieving goals and tasks, and offer ideas and solutions to co-workers and management.
13. Work effectively with minimal supervision.
14. Be present at the mill for varied work schedules, which could including start times of 6 a.m., or 7 a.m., as specified by the customer service manager and as required by the workload.
15. Professionally solve problems and resolve conflict.
16. Travel within the United States and Canada to customer locations as required, including multiple night stays out of area.
Qualifications – Required:
• AA degree and three + years relevant work experience or BA degree in business, accounting, information systems, transportation, marketing, or related field.
• Experience and proficiency with Microsoft personal computer applications Excel, Access, Word, and Outlook, or equivalent.
Qualifications – Preferred:
• Experience with automated order-fulfillment and tracking software.
• Knowledge of logistics/transportation documentation, including bills of ladings, manifests, and export bookings.
• Advanced abilities with spreadsheet and database applications.
Travel Required? No
Shift Hours: Normal Day Shift
This job has been closed.