Job ID: 203
Job Location: Tacoma Kraft - Tacoma, WA
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Salary/Hourly Rate: TBD
This is a senior level Maintenance Engineer and may have supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent provides Electrical and Controls maintenance engineering support to the Mill. Works closely with operations and maintenance personnel to identify areas of opportunity and improvement to equipment reliability. Prepares and implements major electrical and instrument maintenance activities. Helps develop annual maintenance budget. Investigates electrical and instrument equipment failures and develops action plans to eliminate repetitive failures. Reviews mill maintenance methods and identifies items to improve mill efficiency. Works to improve the safety and housekeeping of the facility.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
This position functions from the Maintenance Offices and has Electrical and Controls responsibilities for the entire facility. The position requires extensive interfacing with the Maintenance, Operations, Materials, Accounting, Engineering and Purchasing Departments as well as outside vendors and contractors.
1. Identify, analyze, and propose potential solutions to equipment related problems.
2. Coordinate planning and execution of area outages.
3. Coordinate major maintenance activities.
4. Communicate with operations, maintenance, and plant engineering group to assure continuity of efforts.
5. Provide for a safe working environment by assuring compliance with all applicable codes and laws.
Extensive contact with Maintenance personnel, operating supervisors, mill management, engineering staff, outside vendors, contractors and manufacturers’ representatives.
DECISIONS, ANALYSIS OR KEY PROBLEMS SOLVED:
This incumbent must be able to identify, analyze, and propose potential solutions to mill equipment problems. Incumbent must be able to determine the best, cost effective solutions. These decisions must be made to get production machinery back on line as quickly as possible. The incumbent must seek out root causes and assure solutions are communicated.
SPECIAL ASSIGNMENTS OR WORKING CONDITIONS:
The incumbent works a day shift but frequently is required to work overtime on weekdays and weekends. The incumbent is required to be on Mill Operational rotational weekend duty. The majority of the incumbent’s time is in the plant, around hazardous machinery and chemicals. The incumbent may be required to assist as necessary with problems outside of the normally assigned areas. Additionally, this position serves on joint departmental task forces as required.
Qualifications – Required:
- 10 – 15 years of experience as an Electrical maintenance engineer, project engineer or supervisor.
EDUCATION & FORMAL TRAINING:
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering or other related field or attainment of a Professional Electrical Engineering License in Electrical Engineering.
Qualifications – Preferred:
- Experience as a Maintenance Electrical supervisor.
- Computerized maintenance systems experience.
- Experienced with developing and monitoring preventive maintenance systems.
- Maintenance supervisory experience.
- Experience working with Windows based applications (Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
EDUCATION & FORMAL TRAINING:
- Specialized training on pulp and paper electrical and instrument equipment and supervisory and/or management training.
- Ability to lead and motivate others.
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to help develop subordinate skill levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated creative problem solver
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and pressure demands
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Proactive and skilled at recognizing potential areas for improvement.
- Willing to challenge the status quo
Travel Required? No
Shift Hours: Day Shift (rotational weekend duty)
This job has been closed.