Job ID: 189
Job Location: Tacoma Kraft - Tacoma, WA
Reports To: Safety Manager
Simpson Tacoma Kraft is currently seeking a Safety Coordinator to work in the Tacoma Mill. Job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
Successful candidates will be responsible for facilitating safety programs such as Hearing Conservation, and Hazard Communication programs as well as MSDS Management, Plant Emergency Organization and First Responder Programs. Additional responsibilities include facilitating safety meetings/training and conducting safety audits and inspections. Fulfill the goals and objectives as established in the Corporate Safety and Health Philosophy as well as the Mill Safety and Health Policy. Ensure compliance with all corporate safety and health policies and procedures as established by the Corporate Safety Team, OSHA, EPA and other regulatory agencies.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
• Develops and maintains a safety training program, including an annual training schedule for all regulatory and plant specific training. Ensures training is conducted as needed, including safety orientation for new hires and transferred employees. Maintains all safety files and records for the facility.
• Formulates general safety policies and procedures to be followed by the company or plant personnel in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
• Schedules and leads the facility safety and health committees. Ensures meetings are effective and that actions agreed to by the members are completed on a monthly basis.
• Assists in establishing safety-related goals and objectives for the facility.
• Develops and maintains a written inspection and auditing program for the facility. Ensures that identified action items are completed and those actions are implemented effectively.
• Assists in the establishment of preventative controls for identified potential hazards.
• Responsible for conducting Management of Change reviews at the facility to ensure safety issues are reviewed and addressed for significant changes to operations, including the use of JSA’s (Job Safety Analysis) and Personal Protective Equipment assessments.
• Assists in the management and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Develops and maintains a facility safety awareness program and manages the Corporate Safety Recognition Program.
• Responsible for leading the investigation of all accidents; compiles and submits incident reports as required by Company reporting requirements; ensures effective incident follow-up investigations, including post incident re-training.
• Analyzes accident causes and any hazards to health and safety to prevent reoccurrence.
• Assists production departments with their administration of the transitional work program and maintains regular contact with team members regarding workers’ compensation issues.
• Leads all regulatory and compliance inspections (OSHA, Fire Marshal, etc.).
• Ensures that the facility is in compliance with all Washington OSHA standards.
• Administers the facility hazardous waste compliance program including: determination of hazardous wastes, proper collection and storage, shipping per applicable regulations, inspections, permit application, data collection, record retention, reporting and training.
Qualifications – Required:
• Bachelors Degree in Occupational Safety and a minimum of three (3) years of hands-on safety experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have experience preparing and administering safety, hazard communication and machine guarding programs.
• Knowledge of OSHA standards through a safety/environmental role.
• Must have experience partnering with emergency response teams.
• Must be a strong leader with demonstrated skills in project management, customer service, and communication.
• Intermediate computer skills using Microsoft Office products also required.
Qualifications – Preferred:
Travel Required? No
Shift Hours: Day
This job has been closed.